The Inspection of St Wilfrid’s School, a Catholic Voluntary Academy, has been carried out under the requirements of the Education Act 2005, and in accordance with the Diocese of Hallam Framework and Schedule for Section 48 Inspections as approved by the Bishop of Hallam. The process of inspection in the Diocese of Hallam has been developed as an activity of the Church to support schools in further deepening the quality of Catholic education provided.
Description of the Academy
St. Wilfrid’s was built in the 1950’s and serves the parishes of Mother of God and St. William of York, Sheffield. The school works in successful partnership with St Marie’s and St Thomas of Canterbury. St. Wilfrid’s converted to a Voluntary Catholic Academy October 2012. This is a very high performing Academy where pupils